Monday, February 21, 2011

Beans and Corn in Their Final Containers


So this weekend was really rainy and cold, so I wasn't able to work on the garden very much. So today after work, I decided it was time to finish planting the beans and the corn since they are growing so much.

I put them in those big cheap plastic containers I mentioned in an earlier post. Before planting, I did some prep work to make sure the growing conditions are good for these plants. First, I created some drainage holes near the bottom of the containers. Then, I filled the bottoms with rocks so that water can drain easier. I put three corn plants and 2-3 bean plants in each container. I'm hoping the plants will have enough space to be happy and produce some veggies.

My big problem now is keeping my dog away from my plants! She loves to destroy plants, so I'll have to watch her very closely.








CKRYGDR5QBY3

No comments:

Post a Comment


Improve your marketing with the best web directories This site is listed under Plants Directory
Improve your marketing with the best web directories This site is listed under Plants Directory