Tuesday, February 15, 2011

From sprouts to small plants!

The beans are growing like mad! I'll probably try finding them a more permanent place to grow this weekend. Same with the corn, which is also looking great. I did a little research on corn, and it turns out one stalk ususally ony grows one to two (maybe three if your lucky) ears of corn. So if all six of my corn plants do well, the most I can hope for is 12 ears. I was sort of hoping that corn plants would produce more than that, but I'll take what I can get. I might not plant them again if I don't get a good crop.

I found some large plastic tubs in the garden center at Walmart. They are quite big and are only $5 each. I bough two for now, but will probably get more as I need them. I like how colorful they are.

No signs of life from my orange seeds, but I read that it could take up to six or seven weeks for these seeds to germinate. So there's still a good chance they'll grow.

A note about my patio feng shui... I've studied the principals of feng shui and I kind of subscribe to that kind of thing. It just so happens that my patio falls into the wealth and prosperity area of my living space (do a google search for bagua to find out more). This is really fortunate, because plants can really help increase the good energy of any area, so therefore, we can conclude that plants on my patio will help increase my wealth and prosperity. Also, the color red is really good to increase wealth and prosperity energy, and you'll notice that I'll be using a lot of red planters. Water fountains are also really good for feng shui, but I don't have any of those yet. I'll get one soon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Improve your marketing with the best web directories This site is listed under Plants Directory
Improve your marketing with the best web directories This site is listed under Plants Directory