Sunday, February 13, 2011

I want to grow food!

Hi All,

A couple weeks ago, I decided that I want to make a garden. The problem is that I live in a town house that does not have a backyard. The solution to this problem is to create a container garden!

I've already started and I'm really excited. I live in Arizona and the weather right now is BEAUTIFUL, so I've decided to start this garden perhaps a little earlier than most people would. I think there is no more frost danger and if there is, I can bring my plants indoors.

I've decided to blog about this little project because I figure some people would be interested. Also, I've seen a bunch of pictures and you tube videos about starting a container garden, but they mainly just show how to start a container garden. I have not seen a lot of photos/videos of the plants actually producing food.

Oh yeah, I'm planting mostly vegetables because I want to harvest food. I think it would be awesome to preserve the veggies if I have extra by canning or freezing. We'll see if I get that far.

So this is my introduction. I'm going to see if I can take a few pics of my project's current status and will make a second post here in a bit about what I have going on right now. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Improve your marketing with the best web directories This site is listed under Plants Directory
Improve your marketing with the best web directories This site is listed under Plants Directory